Monday 1 March 2010

1.iii

God, the utter utter bliss of sunshine - March at last, Easter on the way and spring around the corner.

Scales, fuck, gnash, fell fleetingly to 134 on saturday and whizzed back up to 136 today. But I know that this is to be expected and slow and steady wins the race.

And today, after a month of hardly eating a thing, I am wearing a beautiful skirt with a massive belt hoiking it up. The last time I wore it, last winter, it was snug. Today I look like an orphan.

Any clues on the effects of fasting on mood? I have been feeling wonderful today, despite the naughty scales and I wonder if it's more than just a glimpse of sun?

I feel so much more sorted, in control. Less blown about by the whims of every other fucker and actually writing my own story. As though control over what I eat (and don't drink) translates into the ability to concentrate and achieve in other areas.

I have really enjoyed work today. I bought a hyacinth and an unusual silver pot to keep it in on my desk.

2 comments:

  1. yay! you sound happy, when I am restricting I just get a dull ache on my sides, and my mood varies. Maybe it has to do with the sun lol it tends to lift spirits =)

    Stay strong xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome! am sure it won't last, but I dunno, this feels very very different.

    You too... x

    ReplyDelete